Looking to add to your toolkit?
Continuing Studies at UVic offers a range of courses at a special rate for UVic employees. Whether you're looking to learn practical job skills, advance your career or simply learn new things, our courses will help you add valuable skills to your toolkit.
StrongerBC future skills grant
You could receive up to $3,500 to be put towards short-term skills training at BC public post-secondary institutions including Continuing Studies at UVic. View eligibility and eligible professional programs: Future skills grant.
UVic staff rate
UVic employees will receive a 50% discount on regular course fees. There are a variety evening, weekend, daytime, and online courses. Check the individual course pages for details.
What courses qualify for the UVic staff rate
Courses that are part of the following programs quality for the UVic staff rate:
- Administrative Technology*
- Emergency Management for Organizational Continuity
- Organizational Preparedness and Adaptability
- Public Relations
Staff rate details
- Employees must be regular full-time permanent CUPE or PEA employees and will need to provide their V#.
Employees will be added to a waiting list on a first come, first served basis until the end of the week before a course starts and then will be contacted if seats are available.
- Employees cannot register at full tuition costs to avoid waitlists, then withdraw and re-register with the staff discount if seats are still available at the time of course start.
- Regular withdrawal and refund policies apply. Rate does not apply to textbooks, other course materials, software or program application fees.
Contact us to take advantage of the UVic staff rate
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the course as well as your name and V#. We will then put you on the waiting list and contact you the week before the course starts if a spot is available.