Our agent strategy
Thank you for your interest in working with the Division of Continuing Studies (DCS) at the University of Victoria as an authorized agent. Agents are an important part of our strategy to reach and support prospective learners, in addition to being part of our brand reputation.
We are looking to expand our agent team in markets/regions where we require greater agent coverage in order to fulfill our strategic recruitment priorities. As such we prioritize partnering with agents who:
- have recognized industry education, having completed the Canada Course for Education Agents (CCEA), for example.
- have international accreditation such as ICEF Agency Status (IAS) or are accredited by a national agent association (BELTA, AMTE, ANEX, etc)
- have an accessible, functional website that reflects high-quality services
- have been in business for more than two years
- focus on recruiting learners over 18 years of age
- focus on the same target programs as those of our recruitment team
- are committed to consistent enrollment in target programs each year
- recruit from a region that aligns with our international student recruitment goals
- recruit from a region where we do not already have a strong agent network
If this sounds right for your agency, we are currently welcoming applications from new agents to recruit for the following program area(s):
Becoming an authorized agent
The path to becoming an authorized agent is simple, but important.
- Complete the form below as your agency’s formal expression of interest. These details will help us assess our fit to work together. Please note, our next "intake" of new agents will be in March, 2024. We are now collecting "interest" forms until February 28 and will follow up on next steps in early March. Thank you for your patience!
- If, upon review of the prospective agent form, we see your agency as compatible with our recruitment strategy/goals, we will then ask you to complete our formal online agent application, which includes providing 3 professional references.
- Our recruitment team will contact your references with a questionnaire about your working relationship. Once all references have responded, our team reviews the complete agent application and makes the decision to approve an agent contract or not. If your application is not approved, we will explain the reason(s) for the decision.