Office administrative roles and responsibilities have moved beyond word processing and filing to require a much more complex and sophisticated skillset. It is now common to need skills and knowledge in a growing list of broad technology and computer-based application skills, such as:
- advanced proficiency in Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, Access)
- software application management
- social media management
- digital communication tools
- data analysis
- project management, administration, or coordination
- cloud-based applications
- frontline support for technical issues or as a frontline collaborator for IT departments
The new Administrative Technology Professional Development Certificate micro-credential program will equip learners with the critical skills sought after by employers to succeed in a computerized office environment. This three-course program will introduce learners to computer and technical skills required in administrative positions in today's general office and business environments. Learners will develop the skills to prepare for basic job-entry in current administrative technologies or to serve as an entry point or benchmark within larger certificate and diploma programs. This program is suitable for individuals who do not have previous education or background in computing as well as those who need to retrain or upgrade their existing computer skills. This foundational program can be completed in as little as one term to quickly up-skill or re-skill and effectively prepare for a professional career.
Through the StrongerBC future skills grant, students may be eligible to receive funding for this program from Sept. 1 - Dec. 31, 2023.
- Individual – wide course selection options can be tailored to individual needs
- Quick - allows learners to be career-ready in a short period of time
- Relevant – tools and techniques with immediate hands-on real-world applicability
- Manageable – a manageable workload that allows you to continue working, and to pursue your personal interests, while you study
- Recognizable – earn a micro-credential from a well-respected and recognized university