The UVic Homestay Program will place students in Homestay families that, given the information known at the time and provided in the application form, best match the needs of the student and the homestay family. Health concerns or issues will be prioritized for matches. While our program does its best to match a student's preferences, we cannot guarantee that these will be met.
Please note: The Homestay Program adheres to the University of Victoria's Policy on Human Rights, Equity and Fairness (GV0200):
- The University promotes a safe, respectful and supportive learning and working environment for all members of the university community.
- The University fosters an environment characterized by fairness, openness, equity, and respect for the dignity and diversity of its members.
- The University strives to be a place that is free of discrimination and harassment, injustice and violence. The strength and vibrancy of the University is found in the diverse life experiences, backgrounds and worldviews of all its members.
- The University endeavours to provide the best possible educational experience for all of its students. The academic excellence for which the University strives is unattainable without human rights, equity, fairness and diversity.
- These values are a foundation for achieving excellence.
Once matched, a Placement Contract is sent to the student and host.
Students have a financial obligation to their hosts for the duration of the Placement Contract dates. Students shall pay their hosts on the first day of their arrival in the home, and on the corresponding day of each following month for the duration of their stay.