Over 1,000 students from 30 countries attend ELPI each year. It’s a program full of options and opportunities, where students can focus on general or academic English classes and pursue a pathway to UVic degree programs through the "University Admission Preparation" level.
- January, April and September start dates
- Our most international program
- 256 total program hours
- Six class levels (Upper Beginner to University Admission Preparation)
- General and Academic English classes
- ELC Learning Centre
- Free and optional activities guided by Cultural Assistant staff
- Homestay accommodation and meals
- Conversation practice with Canadian volunteers at the ELC Learning Centre
- Weekly Specialized Skills classes to focus on skills like like Pronunciation Essentials, Grammar Boost, Idioms, etc.
- Option to extend to 14 weeks with "Project-based Presentations" in December
The English Language Centre is accredited by Languages Canada.