Technology is always evolving. There are many advanced software applications out there that can bring your design ideas to life. In these courses, you’ll improve your technical skills by editing videos and photography, recording podcasts, creating animations and designing digital graphics. You’ll gain the confidence to effectively use visual communication to express your creativity.
We offer a wide variety of courses in graphic design where you will practice using software applications like Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and SketchUp.
Video editing and animation
For those who want to take their YouTube videos to the next level or those interested in video editing, we offer courses in Adobe’s Premiere Pro and After Effects.
Creative Technology and Design programs
We offer the Unity® for Creative Technology micro-credential, which introduces you to the fundamentals of 2D and 3D technologies such as virtual reality, gaming and animation. You will learn about the process of interactive storytelling so you can prepare for a career in the creative technology sector.
Individual Creative Technology and Design courses
Many courses under this topic can be taken individually. This allows you to take courses that spark an interest without having to commit to completing a full credential.
- Basic Design Principles
- Beatboxing, Live Looping and Vocal Triggering
- Capture Better Smartphone Photos
- Character Design Studio
- Colour Theory for Digital Design
- Digital Storytelling
- Digital Tools and Contemporary Painting
- E-Learning: Design and Development
- Graphic Design: Past, Present, and Future
- Illustration Essentials
- Interior Design 2: Materials and Finishes
- Interior Design Fundamentals
- Intermediate Adobe Illustrator
- Intermediate Adobe Photoshop
- Intermediate SketchUp
- Introduction to 3D Animation with Blender
- Introduction to Adobe After Effects
- Introduction to Adobe Illustrator
- Introduction to Adobe InDesign
- Introduction to Adobe Lightroom for Photographers
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop
- Introduction to Design Thinking
- Introduction to Digital Photography
- Introduction to SketchUp
- Introduction to Video Editing
- Introduction to Web Design
- iPhone as an Artist Tool
- Room Without a Trace: Projection Possibilities and Installation Art
- Sonic Pi - Coding Electronic Music
- Taking Great Travel Photos with Your iPhone/iPad
- Type and Image Studio
This micro-credential program builds on learners' existing abilities to quickly develop skills in creating compelling content for virtual environments in the growing creative technology sector, which includes augmented (AR) and virtual (VR) reality, gaming technology and digital animation.
There are consequences to advancing communication technology. We can sometimes predict the effects that we call “progress.” Other times we cannot. Fortunately, some books help explain the changes we face.Read Story
If you want to enter a career in the tech workforce, your background or experience level shouldn’t be holding you back from reaching your goals. Everyone deserves an equal opportunity to get involved and thrive in Canada’s growing information and communications technology (ICT) sector.Read Story
The thought of pursuing digital communication stood out to instructor Liz Pittman like a rainbow glowing in the sky after a heavy rainfall. Social media can be a great community building tool, she says.Read Story