Online, self-paced wound care education.
Wound care is one of the fastest growing areas in health care today. Attaining comprehensive wound management skills requires continuing education that incorporates diverse, evidence-based information, best practice proficiency and collaborative opportunities across health disciplines.
This online program for health care professionals combines the most current information and trends in wound care. It consists of two levels of training, offered through separate courses:
- Level I is a six-week online course. It provides you with the essential tools and strategies to confidently address wound care. The main concepts include: prevention, assessment, health, infection and pain management. Students must achieve 75% or greater to receive a Certificate of Completion for Level I and be eligible to register for Level II (registration fee: $325).
- Level II is an eight-week online course, followed by a mandatory one-day on-campus workshop and evaluation session. It focuses on advanced wound care and the impact of additional patient factors on a care plan. Students must attend the workshop and achieve an overall grade of 75% or greater in order to receive a Certificate of Completion for Level II (registration fee: $450).
Some concepts in Levels I and II include:
- patient and wound assessment
- dermatology, nutrition and pain factors in wound healing
- wound bed preparation and dressing selection
- pressure ulcer classification, treatment and prevention
- peripheral vascular assessment and investigation of the lower limbs
- identification, assessment and treatment of high risk and diabetic foot
- presentation, stages and treatment of lymphedema
- identification and care of atypical ulcers and malignant wounds
This online program provides a facilitated, flexible learning environment. Interactive learning combines with in-depth discussions and concepts of wound management and its challenges. You'll apply theory to case studies to develop clinical expertise in a broad range of essential wound care components.
This program is for:
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)
- Occupational therapists
- other health care professionals caring for patients with wounds
You want to provide the highest level of care to your patients. You'd also like to take advantage of career opportunities for those who have advanced knowledge in wound care. Engaging in continuing education keeps your career moving forward. Establish yourself in this growing field of health care and register now.