The Professional Specialization Certificate in Collections Management program provides museum professionals with a highly respected credential along with applicable knowledge and skills, in an innovative and flexible format that will suit both professional development needs and a busy work schedule.
- Focused Programming: Four courses - three core courses and one elective, which can be completed in under a year.
- Flexibility: Can be completed entirely online; some face-to-face short immersion elective course options also available.
- Professional Networking: Study with other collections management specialists from across Canada and beyond, led by instructors who are experts in their field.
Upon completion of this program, graduates should:
- Have developed a critical understanding of current principles, practices, and current debates in the field of collections management;
- Apply course learning and training to function within a professional collections management context;
- Identify and apply discipline-specific practices that contribute to the local and global community through social responsibility and stewardship.