The Professional Specialization Certificate in Collections Management program provides museum professionals with a highly respected credential along with applicable knowledge and skills, in an innovative and flexible format that will suit both professional development needs and a busy work schedule.
- Focused Programming: Four courses - three core courses and one elective, which can be completed in under a year.
- Flexibility: Can be completed entirely online; some face-to-face short immersion elective course options also available.
- Professional Networking: Study with other collections management specialists from across Canada and beyond, led by instructors who are experts in their field.
Upon completion of this program, graduates should:
- Have developed a critical understanding of current principles, practices, and current debates in the field of collections management;
- Apply course learning and training to function within a professional collections management context;
- Identify and apply discipline-specific practices that contribute to the local and global community through social responsibility and stewardship.
Who is this program for?
This program is designed for museum professionals seeking new approaches to their work or looking to upgrade their skills. Students in this program work in a broad range of museum and heritage professions, including:
- collections assistants
- collections managers
- archivists, and many more...