Renew your inspiration, learn new skills, and network with other teachers
The University of Victoria is a great place for teachers to spend their professional development time. Join us on the province-wide October Pro-D Day for workshops that focus on relevant topics for teachers. Workshop participants will leave with new ideas and the tools to incorporate those ideas into their classrooms.
This is a fantastic opportunity to renew your inspiration, learn new skills, and network with other teachers. You give your best to your students—now let the University of Victoria treat you to the best in professional development.
See you next year: October Teacher Pro-D Day 2024
Workshop details will be announced closer to the date.
Join our Teacher Pro-d mailing list to get notified when new workshops are available:
Each year we offer new workshops topics related to current interests and trends in the world of K12 education. Here are some sessions we've offered in the past:
- Water You Waiting For?
- ELL Workshop - Fasten your seatbelts!
- Assessment Tools - Telling the story of the learner!
- Ideas for the New Curriculum: Professional Development for Socials and History Teachers
- Inquiry and the Power of Professional Learning Networks
- Understanding the Village
- Gamify Your Classroom
- Teaching History and Social Studies: Resources and Inspiration
- Braiding Indigenous and Western Science
- Careers Education/Connections Curriculum: Ideas for Implementation
- Trauma Informed Schools: The What and How of Trauma Informed Practice
- Words for the Soul: Indigenous Literature in the Classroom
- Indigenous Law and the Arts
- Once Upon a Time: Indigenous Histories and Stories
- Teaching Dance in PHE
- Enhancing Collaboration through Hands-On Science
- Re-Imagine Project-Based Learning
- Math Literacy (Grades 7 to 10)
- Not "just", but Just: A Conversation on Diversity, Social Justice, and Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Strategies for Teaching the New Curriculum: Promoting Self-Regulated Learning in the Classroom
- Evidence-Aligned Reading Instruction: What We Know About Teaching Kids to Read
- Beyond Residential Schools: Talking About the Sixties Scoop in the Classroom
What workshop topics would you like to see?
We are always looking for ideas for future workshops. Let us know if there are any specific areas that would be beneficial to your teaching practice that you would like to see us offer. Submit ideas here.
Online registration temporarily unavailable