Successful "UAP" completion satisfies the English requirement for admission to many UVic undergraduate degree programs.
This intensive summer program will help prepare you for success as a UVic degree student by polishing your academic English skills and providing an introduction to Canadian culture. A passing grade on "UAP" satisfies the English language proficiency requirement for admission to many UVic undergraduate and graduate degree programs. The UAP score is only valid for UVic applications submitted within 2 years of successful UAP completion.
UAP develops skills in:
- Oral presentations
- Note-taking and report-writing
- Reading academic texts
VIEW INFO: UAP-Canadian Studies flyer (PDF)
VIEW INFO: UAP-Canadian Studies Calendar (PDF)
Please note, we also offer a 12-week University Admission Preparation program. Contact us for details.
- August start date
- 20 class hours per week (80 total program hours)
- Two courses: "Advanced English" and "Introduction to Canadian Studies" (CS101); students may receive optional UVic credit for CS 101 course
- Weekly writing clinics
- Dormitory accommodation and meals
- Intensive 4-week format before start of academic year in September
- Tutorial support by teaching assistants available for both courses
- Optional credit for "Introduction to Canadian Studies" course (CS101)