Explore our diverse coastal environment.
Victoria is an ideal place to study marine life—we have easy access to different habitats, the tidal regime, and a myriad of plants and animals. In our Marine Science courses, you’ll learn about the different forms of marine life that occur in our region and how this diverse group of animals can survive in challenging conditions. We also offer courses that look at the impacts of human activity on our oceans, and explain key issues of concern in our oceans as the human population continues to grow.
If you love the ocean and care about its health, these courses will help you to study life under the water.
- Clean Propulsion Technologies for Vehicles and Marine Vessels
- Climate Change and the Ocean
- Discover Burns Bog
- From Coast to Coast to Coast: Partnerships with Indigenous Communities to Advance Ocean Monitoring
- Galiano Island Field Study
- Marine Birds
- Near Extraterrestrial: The Extreme Environments of Seafloor Vents
- Powerful Earthquakes and Tsunamis and How to Tackle Them
- Restoration of Marine Aquatic Systems
- Southern Resident Killer Whales: an Assessment of How they are Doing
Community Fishers is an advanced solution using state‐of‐the‐art technology that provides a practical, user‐friendly tool for collecting data from mobile scientific instruments, which can then be managed and freely accessed via Ocean Networks Canada’s world‐leading oceanographic data management system, Oceans 2.0.