Culture Shock: Post-reading Exercise
Welcome! This is a post-reading quiz. Choose the answer you think is correct.
Click on the button beside the correct answer.
The four basic stages of culture shock are:
- honeymoon, rehearsal, memorization, return
- honeymoon, rejection, adjustment, at ease at last
- honeymoon, rejection, reverse, at ease at last
- honeymoon, rehearsal, rejection, at ease at last
What is the mysterious fifth stage of culture shock called?
- rehearsal culture shock
- reverse culture shock
- foreign culture shock
- unknown culture shock
Why would people in the second stage of culture shock choose to spend all their time with people from their homeland?
- They are afraid to risk being uncomfortable with strangers and it is easier to stay with people from their own culture.
- They are afraid of skin diseases and want to hide from contact with foreigners.
- They feel that they can learn the new language by themselves and don't need contact with people from the new culture.
- They are only interested in going home.