Through an intensive combination of English language classes and public speaking workshops, this program will strengthen your public speaking, fluency and communication confidence.
In addition to the challenging English classes you will attend as a participant in our "Summer Language and Culture" program, you will:
- Improve accuracy, pronunciation and fluency through an interactive portfolio-based approach
- Develop and practice public speaking skills through a Toastmaster-like format
- Give a variety of oral presentations, based on specific themes and other topics tailored to your specific interests and professions
Participants receive a 16-hour Professional Development Certificate in addition to a Certificate of Participation for their general English classes.
- June start date
- 20 general English class hours per week
- 16 hours of professional communication workshops focusing on:
- improving accuracy, pronunciation and fluency through interactive activities
- practicing public speaking skills through a Toastmaster-like format
- presenting on a variety of topics tailored to your interests
- Participants receive a Professional Development Certificate in addition to a Certificate of Participation for their general English classes
- Optional homestay accommodation and meals available
- Free and optional activities
The English Language Centre is accredited by Languages Canada.