Today's public relations professionals must be able to design external and internal communications plans, and integrate the new theoretical and practical models of public relations practice that have emerged in recent years. The Diploma in Public Relations program meets these needs, preparing you to think critically, develop teamwork skills and a strong work ethic, and manage time effectively while working under the pressure of deadlines and multiple projects.
Offered exclusively online, you can take this program part-time to complement your work schedule or opt for a faster rate of completion.
This program is designed for those entering a career, or already working, in PR and other related fields, in either the public or private sectors, who wish to pursue professional development or earn a recognized credential.
The Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS), under the Pathways to the Profession™—An Outcomes Based Approach Towards Excellence in Canadian Public Relations and Communications Management (CM) Education—has recognized the Diploma Program in Public Relations at the University of Victoria. The Seal of Recognition provides a benchmark to the industry, potential employers, alumni, and current and future students that our educational program offers sound preparation in the public relations and communications management field.
- The program is exclusively online. This makes it possible to continue working while pursuing further education
- Nationally recognized program through the Canadian Public Relations Society which indicates that this program is aligned with industry needs and offers sound preparation in the field of study
- The program is flexible in that students can determine how many courses they want to take per term. Some students move through the program at an accelerated pace while others take more time to complete it. There is no required program completion date so students determine their program schedule to fit into their lifestyle
- Instructors are diverse and qualified industry professionals who bring a practical high-level of knowledge to the theoretical learning
- The direct application from theory to practice makes this program invaluable in the job market
- The steering committee comprises academic professionals and senior PR practitioners which ensures the curriculum meets theoretical and industry standards
- Committed staff who are qualified adult educators providing excellent service to instructors and students