The Canadian Studies diploma program offers students a way to satisfy their academic, professional or personal interest in subjects relating to Canada. Students will complete required core courses in Canadian culture and issues, and choose electives from a range of other courses related to Canada. Courses completed as part of the diploma may be transferred towards an undergraduate degree.
- Introduce students to the study of Canada from a multidisciplinary perspective
- Provide a supportive academic environment to assist international students in making the transition to a Canadian university
- Provide an environment that encourages dialogue and cross-cultural learning between Canadian and international students
- Assist international students in developing their English (and French) language skills
- Introduce students to concepts relating to the construction and negotiation of Canada’s national identities
- Help students develop their ability to think critically about the connections between Canada’s past, present and future