We accept the following credit cards:
- American Express
If you indicate on your application that you would like to pay by credit, Continuing Studies will send you an email message with a link to an online payment form. Once your payment has been processed you will receive a receipt to confirm payment.
Important: credit cards often have limits on international transactions, so your payment could be delayed or unsuccessful because of this limit. Please check with your bank first.
Through Convera GlobalPay for Students, you can pay tuition in your own currency without international wire fees.
To make a tuition payment using Convera GlobalPay for Students:
- Access the Convera GlobalPay for Students system using your UVic student number and preferred contact email address.
- Pay the total amount on your account summary to Continuing Studies using payment type "03 – Continuing Studies Tuition/Accommodation Fees".
- Select your local currency. The amount owing in your local currency will be automatically calculated.
- Select who is making the payment from the ‘Who is Paying’ drop-down list and complete the required payment details fields. If the payer is different from the student, you can enter payer details here.
- Confirm your quote by agreeing to the total cost in your home currency and agree to the conditions.
- Payment instructions will be sent to the email address provided. Print the payment instructions, take them to your bank and follow the instructions to transfer the required amount to Convera GlobalPay for Students.
Note: The payment must be completed within 72 hours. If the 72 hour period has elapsed and you have not made the payment at your bank, go back to the Convera GlobalPay for Students site to obtain a new quote. The expiry date is noted on the payment instructions page.
For students paying from India and Korea
Follow the steps above. Your payment instructions will direct you to make your payment through a specific bank in your home country.
For students paying from China
There are three different options to make a payment to Convera GlobalPay for Students (see details on these options). Simply follow the steps above and choose your payment option when selecting your local currency on the Convera GlobalPay for Students.
To pay by bank wire, please:
- list the "University of Victoria" as the beneficiary
- write your name on the bank wire
- email or fax a copy of the bank wire to us at +1-250-721-8774
Send bank wire to:
Royal Bank of Canada
1079 Douglas Street
Victoria, BC V8W 2C5
All payments should be to the University of Victoria noting the student’s name. Please mail or courier the financial document to:
Division of Continuing Studies
Division of Continuing Studies
Learn about available financial support including the continuing studies bursary, program scholarships and bursaries, and the BC Employer Training Grant Program. View financial support information.
Income tax receipts
After you register for a course, you’ll receive a confirmation receipt. Keep this receipt, as it is your official income tax receipt.
If your UVic tuition fees exceed $100 in one calendar year, they may qualify as a tax credit. To determine whether your tuition fees qualify, consult the Canada Revenue Agency guidelines. More information can be found on our Student and Income Taxes page.
You can download a copy of your T2202A forms for previous years through My Account.
Tuition fees All course registrations must be accompanied by full payment.
Convocation fees The University of Victoria charges a $40 graduation fee regardless of whether students attend the convocation ceremony. Any applications submitted after the deadline are subject to a $10 late fee.
Goods and Services Tax (GST) Some—but not all—Continuing Studies courses are subject to GST. If GST is payable, it will say so in the tuition fee details on the course page.