Updated: Feb. 11, 2020
The University of Victoria is closely monitoring the ongoing coronavirus situation and taking the appropriate precautions for limiting the impact to our campus community. We are working closely with public health officials and following their lead and direction.
The Canadian Public Health Agency has assessed the current risk for Canadians as "low."
A response coordination committee, made up of members from key areas of the university, is working to coordinate the university's response and prepare for any cases directly impacting our campus community. Dr. Susan Lewis, Associate Vice-President Academic Planning is chairing this committee. At this point in time, UVic has no cases presumed or confirmed.
UVic will continue to provide updates as needed here: uvic.ca/info/coronavirus
Tips for staying healthy and protecting your community
The current precautions for coronavirus are the same as for influenza (the flu) and other common respiratory infections.
- wash your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based gel
- cough or sneeze into your arm or sleeve
- avoid close contact with sick people
- if possible, stay home when you are sick
- UVic Health Services – General information
- HealthLinkBC - Coronavirus
- BC Centre for Disease Control - Coronavirus
- World Health Organization - Coronavirus
- Government of Canada - Coronavirus in China
- International SOS – Coronavirus and international travel
- Posted Jan. 30, 2020