The Canadian Studies diploma prgram offers you a way to satisfy your academic, professional or personal interest in subjects relating to Canada. You will complete required core courses in Canadian culture and issues, and choose electives from a range of other courses related to Canada.
- Introduce students to the study of Canada from a multidisciplinary perspective.
- Provide a supportive academic environment to assist international students in making the transition to a Canadian university.
- Provide an environment that encourages dialogue and cross-cultural learning between Canadian and international students.
- Assist international student in developing their English (and French) language skills.
- Introduce students to concepts relating to the construction and negotiation of Canada’s national identities.
- Help students develop their ability to think critically about the connections between Canada’s past, present and future.