Info for students FAQ


You can register for courses online, by mail, over the phone or in person. Visit our How to Register page for more details.

You can apply to a program online, by mail or sometimes by email. Each program has different application options: you can find those details on the individual program pages. View a list of all Continuing Studies programs.

NetLink ID

If you plan to register in online or credit courses, you will need a NetLink ID. If you already have a NetLink ID, you can login by entering your NetLink user name and password on the login page

If you don't have a NetLink ID, you can  create a NetLink ID here. To create your NetLink ID, you will need your UVic student number (V00 number) and date of birth.

Please contact the staff responsible for your course or program. 

Our withdrawl policy varies depending on the course. Please check the refund and withdrawal policies on each course page for more information.

In general, a refund minus an administration fee is possible if you let us know in person or by phone (250-472-4747), at least:

  • seven days before the start of a short-term course, workshop or conference
  • before the second class for courses that run over a period of several weeks


  • online and telephone registrations can only be paid by credit card.
  • by mail, you can pay by money order, credit card or cheque.
  • in person, you can pay by cash, money order, debit card, credit card or cheque

No: you must follow the payment guidelines when registering for a course or applying to a program. Instructors will not accept payment in person.


Continuing Studies

The Continuing Studies Building is at the corner of Ring and Gabriola Roads. View maps and directions.

The location of your class is printed on your receipt. If you have misplaced your receipt, please call the Continuing Studies office during working hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm) to find out what building/room your class is in.

Note: please make sure to call us before 4:30 pm of the day your course begins. After that time, there is no way to get that information and you will miss the first session.

The majority of Continuing Studies courses are offered on-campus or online, but we also offer courses through some of our community partners like Mary Winspear Centre. To find out whether a course is offered on-campus, please see the courses page.

Most textbooks can be purchased at the UVic bookstore or online. For more information about textbooks, contact the program area to which you’ve applied.

Please visit the Info for Students page for information on getting to the UVic campus.

We are not at liberty to divulge the contact information for our instructors without their prior approval. But you can contact the program area offering your course, explain your wishes and someone will contact your instructor and ask them to get in touch with you.

Except for a few of the certificate and diploma programs that offer credit courses through the main UVic campus, courses offered through Continuing Studies are non-credit, meaning you cannot use these courses as credit toward a degree program. Visit our Credit vs. Non-credit page for more information on the difference between credit and non-credit.

For information about individual programs, please see the info on the individual program’s page.