The American Pepper: Exercise on Reported Speech
Turn the following sentences into reported speech.
When you are entering the answers to these questions, remember that you must type them accurately. Punctuation and capitalization must be exactly right. If you think there may be more than one correct answer for a question, don't worry -- several correct answers may be acceptable.
- Murna said, "The postman has brought a parcel."
- "It's from America," said the postman.
- "It must be from Pasni," thought Savni.
- "Open it!" said Arinas.
- "What is it?" asked Murna.
- Arinas said, "All I see is powder."
- "I think it's coffee," announced Murna.
- "I believe it's pepper," said Arinas.
- "I'm saving the last bit for Dr Haret," said Savni.
- "Please spread the ashes on the ground," said the letter.