GRAMMAR & STRUCTURE
Parts of Speech
All words are divided into grammar groups. The grammar groups are called parts of speech.
The groups are:
- Nouns (people, places, or things)
- Verbs (the state or action word in a sentence)
- Adjectives (give more information about nouns)
- Adverbs (give more information about verbs)
- Determiners (words that come before most nouns)
- Prepositions (give information about place and time)
- Pronouns (replace nouns)
- Conjunctions (join sentences)
Example(The numbers in the example below refer to the numbers in the list above.)
Each part of speech --
- has its own rules.
- is necessary to write grammatically correct sentences.