ELC teachers are TESOL-trained university graduates with experience teaching in other countries as well as in Canada. The patience and creativity they bring to each English class will help you feel supported, inspired and ready to learn!
Our approach to teaching English includes two special features:
- an "integrated skills curriculum" which builds skills in all language areas
- "team teaching": an approach in which two teachers work as partners, doubling the expertise and support you’ll receive in the classroom I
In your daily ELC English classes, you can expect to:
- Explore new ideas in group discussions
- Gain confidence using English in a variety of situations
- Receive 1:1 support from your teachers
- Work with classmates on projects and activities
- Have FUN!
The first day of most ELC programs includes a placement test. There is both a reading and listening section to the test and, based on the results, we’ll place you in a class that’s at the right level for you.
ELC programs include two special features:
- an Integrated skills curriculum which builds skills in all language areas
- team teaching: an approach where two teachers work as partners, doubling the expertise and support you’ll receive in the classroom
The first day of ELC programs includes a placement test. Based on the results of your test, we’ll place you in a class that’s at the right level for you for the duration of your program
|ELC level: 9 and 12-Week Programs||ELC level: Monthly Programs||IELTS||CEFR||TOEFL IBT||TOEIC|
After the program
When you complete your program, you will receive a Certificate of Participation and a Record of Grade. Studying English at one of Canada’s best universities is a major accomplishment and your ELC program will be a proud addition to your resume or CV.