Stative and Dynamic Verbs 2
This exercise is like a TOEFL test exercise. Each sentence has four underlined sections; your task is to identify the section with a grammar mistake — in other words, the section which is wrong.
Click on the button beside the correct answer.
- I play tennis every Tuesday. Last week, I was playing with John, a man I am knowing from work, when a bird flew into the tennis net.
- was playing
- am knowing
- Mohammed owns two different houses. He likes to live in his house by the sea when the weather is good, but in the winter he is preferring to live in the city.
- is preferring
- While Keiko was fixing the car, I was making the supper. By six o'clock I had been working for eight hours, so I was needing a good meal.
- was fixing
- was making
- had been working
- was needing
- When I called Sarah, she said she watched TV, so she didn't want to come out with me, so I went to the pub alone.
- didn't want
- I don't understand stative and dynamic verbs. They seem very confusing. I am hating them, because they are driving me crazy!
- don't understand
- am hating
- are driving