Modals of Certainty in the Present - Exercise 2
Choose the correct modal to complete the sentence.
Click on the button beside the correct answer.
Alan's stomach is growling. He _____________________
- maybe hungry.
- must be hungry.
- might be hungry.
- could be hungry.
Robert has been in class every day so far this term, but today he is absent. He _____________________
- is sick.
- might be sick.
- must be sick.
- may be sick.
This assignment is far more difficult than I expected it would be. I _____________________
- must finish it on time.
- am not finishing it on time.
- may not finish it on time.
- might not to finish it on time.
You just got paid yesterday. You _____________________
- can't have any money today.
- can't not to have any money today.
- can't not have any money today.
- not have any money today.
All three of their daughters graduated at the top of their classes. They _____________________
- might be very proud of them.
- will be proud of them.
- could be proud of them.
- must be proud of them.
I'm not sure what I'll do this weekend. If the weather is nice, I _____________________
- might to go camping.
- am going camping.
- maybe am camping.
- may go camping.
Philip can't seem to stop yawning. He _____________________
- might be tired.
- maybe tired.
- must be tiring.
- must be tired.
Many people are lined up in front of the theatre to see the new Pixar movie. It _____________________
- could be very interesting.
- must be very interesting.
- is very interesting.
- can't be very interesting.
Everyone is eating dinner except Cynthia. She _____________________
- might not hungry.
- might not to be hungry.
- maybe not hungry.
- can't be hungry.
James was sent abroad by his company and hasn't seen his family for several months. He _____________________
- must miss them very much.
- must to be missing them very much.
- might be missing them very much.
- must missing them very much.