Future Possibility and Probability Modals - Exercise 2
Choose the correct modal to complete the sentence.
Click on the button beside the correct answer.
I don't have a special plan for tonight. After work, I _____________________________________________
- have to go home, eat dinner and watch television.
- will probably go home, eat dinner and watch television.
- might probably go home, eat dinner and watch television.
Renovating the house will be an expensive project. We _____________________________ to do everything we want.
- mustn't have enough money
- could not have enough money
- may not have enough money
Although it's raining at the moment, the forecast is for sunshine. It ___________________________________________
- couldn't be nicer tomorrow.
- must be nice tomorrow.
- could be nice tomorrow.
We should be home before the guests are scheduled to arrive because some of them _______________________________________
- have to arrive early.
- might have to arrive early.
- might arrive early.
Jim and Linda said they would visit us tonight, but I don't know when. They ______________________________________
- must be arriving anytime.
- could arrive anytime.
- will probably arrive soon.
Don't worry. Jane left work 30 minutes ago, so she ____________________________________________
- ought to be arriving soon.
- could have arrived soon.
- will have arrived soon.
The marathon is only a few weeks away and I'm out of shape. I _________________________________________
- may have to start training for it soon.
- could train for it soon.
- will have to start training for it soon.
The temperature outside is dropping. We _____________________________________ a blanket of snow tomorrow morning.
- may wake up to find
- may have to find
- could be finding
My friend has tickets for the Black Eyed Peas concert this weekend. I __________________ I love their music.
- may go with him
- will probably go with him.
- must go
Peter was coughing today. He also said his throat was a little sore. He ________________________________________
- has to come down with a cold.
- must be having a cold.
- must be coming down with a cold.