Future Possibility and Probability Modals - Exercise 1
Choose the correct modal to complete the sentence.
Click on the button beside the correct answer.
You __________________________ yourself when you attend the conference in Paris next week, so you should learn how to do so in French before going.
- must probably introduce
- could probably have to introduce
- will probably have to introduce
I've gained so much weight lately, my suit _________________________________
- couldn't fit.
- will probably not fit.
- will have to fit.
Jill hasn't been feeling too well lately. She __________________________________ the party on Friday night.
- maybe not able to attend
- must not be able to attend
- may not be able to attend
Wendy has a job interview tomorrow afternoon. I told her she _______________________________________________
- may have to dress conservatively and be on time.
- will have to dress conservatively and be on time.
- will probably have to dress conservatively and be on time.
It's fortunate that you are here to give me a hand. Without your help, I _____________________________________________
- couldn't have finished on time.
- have to finish on time.
- probably won't finish on time.
You have some time to make up your mind about taking the job. You _______________________________________ until Friday.
- don't have to tell me your decision
- didn't have to tell me your decision
- must tell me your decision
If the package is to arrive on time, we ____________________________________________ before the weekend.
- will probably mail it
- will have to mail it
- couldn't mail it
If you take the apartment, you ______________________________________ the rent at the start of each month.
- will probably be responsible for paying
- may have responsibility for paying
- will be responsible for paying
Yesterday, I saw Ted looking at diamond rings in a jewelry store. In my opinion, he _____________________________________________
- must be going to ask his girlfriend to marry him.
- might have to ask his girlfriend to marry him.
- is going to ask his girlfriend to marry him.
PERSON A: Are you going to travel anywhere on your vacation?
PERSON B: It all depends on airline prices. I ___________________________________
- could have.