Modals of Advice 1 - Should, Ought to, Had Better
Choose the best modal for each sentence.
Click on the box beside the best answer.
- A: I'm so hot.
B: You _________________ your coat!
- should to take off
- should take off
- should put on
- It's raining and I don't want to get my dress wet. I _________________ an umbrella.
- had better bring
- had better to bring
- had better not bring
- My mother isn't feeling well, so I told her that she _______________ to the doctor.
- ought to go
- ought go
- Dave loves chocolate, but he _________________ too much or he will get fat.
- should eat not
- should eat
- shouldn't eat
- I'm going to visit your country. Where _______________ if I want to go shopping?
- I should go
- should I go
- ought to I go
- The airline only allows two pieces of luggage. You _________________ pack too much or you will have to take it out at the airport!
- better not
- had not better
- had better not
- A: I think that the grade my teacher gave me on my test is wrong.
B: Really? You ______________ to her after class today.
- ought to talk
- ought talk
- should to talk
- I need help, doctor. My baby doesn't sleep well. What ________________ ?
- should I do
- I should do
- had I better do