Business Administration - Certificate FAQ

Yes, you can complete the entire CBA program online. However, online CBA course offerings may vary from semester to semester. You can also mix delivery methods if desired, as some courses are only available face to face.

In distance courses (online), you will receive an email prior to the course start that will tell you how to access your course and obtain required course materials. You will then login to the course and communicate with the instructor and fellow students via the course management system Moodle. All of our distance courses are paced and require adherence to the course schedule, however they do not require you to be online at a particular time or day. All assignments and course activities are submitted electronically to the course instructor.

For further information about Moodle, visit the Moodle Startup Kit.

A full refund will be issued for individual courses if you withdraw from a course prior to the start date of the course. A course refund, minus a CAD $60 administration fee, will only be provided within six calendar days after the course start date for online and part-time courses. A request to withdraw from a course must be submitted in writing to the Business and Management Program office.

Graduates of the UVic Certificate in Business Administration program are eligible to further their studies in the Diploma in Business Administration program.

Following completion of a Certificate or Diploma in Business Administration (CBA or DBA) at UVic, our students may also pursue a pathway to a degree at our partner institution, Royal Roads University. For more information contact

Required textbooks and other course materials are usually purchased from the UVic bookstore. Once you have registered in a course, you can use your course code to locate your book in the bookstore in person or online.

Upon completion of the program requirements you must complete and submit an Application to Graduate. Please email us to get a copy of this application.

Convocation ceremonies happen at the University of Victoria twice a year, in June and November, which is when you receive your Certificate or Diploma.

Convocation refers to the ceremonies at which degree parchments (diplomas) are presented to graduating students. These ceremonies take place in June and November, and attendance is optional. Once you have applied to graduate the UVIC Ceremonies & Special Events Office will notify you of the next available Convocation date. You can contact our office with questions regarding your status, however the Certificate and Diploma parchments are produced and held at the Office of the University Registrar.

Print Page Back to Business Administration - Certificate