You’ll be amazed by how much you can do in a month! In this program, you’ll study English each morning, and the rest of the day will be yours to enjoy and explore with our Cultural Assistants (CA) as your guides! Our CA team organizes an amazing variety of activities outside of classes, including workshops, games, sports and culture nights. You’ll be so busy with new friends and adventures that you might not even notice that you’ve been practicing English the whole time!
- May, July and August start dates
- 20 class hours per week (60-120 total program hours)
- Three to six General English class levels
- "English through Themes" curriculum (Canada, Global Issues, Society and Culture)
- Focus on speaking and listening skills
- "International Culture and Conversation" workshops
- Materials included
- Free calendar of afternoon activities and optional weekend trips with our Cultural Assistants
- Living with a host family or on campus in the UVic dormitories; accommodation options vary depending on the program
- Optional series of professional workshops:
- English for Professional Communication (June) – view calendar
- Foundations in Business English (July + August)
The English Language Centre is accredited by Languages Canada.