The Micro-certificate in Modern Border Management: Law of Borders and Cross-Border Laws explores the juridical complexity of borders through varying legal disciplines such as the history of law, public law, international law, European law and transnational law. In this program, you will be introduced to key and innovative aspects of border law through discussions of territorial delimitations, border singularities, international disputes, border controls and the effects of the EU and globalization on contemporary borders. Practical exercises in each session will support and enhance your learning.
The University of Victoria is one of Canada's leading universities, recognized for preparing students for careers in a wide range of disciplines. Upon successful completion of this program you will receive a micro-certificate.
This program is designed to provide you with the knowledge and tools necessary to achieve your professional goals in just three weeks.
Our instructors are industry professionals with years of experience. They’re dedicated to helping you develop the knowledge and skills to realize your full potential.
Upon successful completion of this program you will be able to:
- identify the evolution of legal thinking about borders
- assess the ways in which borders are used in legal and political spaces
- evaluate juridical bordering processes and border-related policy recommendations
- build datasets on borders for policy and scientific work
- apply theoretical and juridical approaches to contemporary border issues