Academic Specialized Studies and English Training is a 12-week (300-hour) program comprised of two parts:
- Students take advanced English language studies for the full 12 weeks (22 hours per week of class time, plus homework, activities and Learning Centre support outside of the classroom).
- Students also take an academic specialized course for 10 of the 12 weeks (36-44 hours total instructional time). Additional time for homework is required. A wide selection of academic specialized courses is available to choose from.
Upon successful completion, students will receive a:
- Certificate of Completion and Record of Grade for the English language training
- Professional Development Certificate for the academic specialized course
- Courses are offered face to face on the beautiful UVic campus.
- Blended delivery styles: A combination of in-person learning and online learning components can be arranged depending on the topic of study.
- Academic specialized courses require a minimum of 15 students, and are typically between 15 and 20 students.