Since our main priority is to ensure that each ELC student is safe and makes the most of their UVic experience, we have created a new mandatory student services’ package which includes:
- A comprehensive health plan provided by guard.me@UVCS international medical insurance
- A bus pass valid for the duration of their studies
- Access to UVic’s world-class athletic facility: CARSA
- UVic student clubs and organizations
- UVic alumni status upon completion of their program
Combining the fees for these services has enabled us to lower their overall cost to our students, with the added convenience of paying this fee directly to the ELC instead of to multiple service providers (e.g. the insurance company, bus company, etc.) We are confident that everyone will appreciate this new process.
Example of the new Student Service fees per full time program:
|Program Length||Total Student Services Fee|
As a reminder, all international students at the University of Victoria, including the ELC, are required to have medical insurance for the duration of their studies. International students will be automatically enrolled in the mandatory guard.me@UVCS health insurance plan upon registration.
Please contact the UVic English Language Centre if you have any questions about these new services!
- Posted Oct. 25, 2018