Our program policies help ensure that we are able to offer the highest quality programs and the best experience possible for our students. Please read them carefully and contact us if you have any questions.
All registered students must be 18 years or older by the start date of your study program.
If English is not your first language, you will be asked for proof of fluency in English before you will be admitted to a Business and Management course or program. If you are admitted on the condition that you will complete an English language program to meet the English fluency requirement, you must submit proof of successful completion before you can begin your studies.
- IELTS (academic) 6.0 overall (no sub-score less than 5.5)
- TOEFL PBT 550
- TOEFL IBT 79-80 (no sub-score less than 17)
- UVic ELC level ELPI 570A
- Approved English partner pathway level (contact our office for details)
If you are interested in taking an individual course, please note that you do not have to apply to the CBA/DBA program to do so.
Application fees are due at the time of program application. Course tuition is due at the time of course registration.
A full course refund will only be provided if you withdraw from the course prior to the course start date.
- Online and evening courses: A refund—less an administrative fee—will be issued if you withdraw within six calendar days of the course start date. Depending on your method of payment, a refund will be either mailed to you or credited to your credit card. A request to withdraw from a course must be submitted in writing (email) to the Business and Management Programs office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Intensive courses: A course refund will only be provided if you withdraw from the course prior to the course start date.
When submitting your application, please ensure it includes the following:
- the completed application form
- any additional required documents
- payment for the application fee
- payment for the required deposits
Business and Management Programs cannot process applications before receiving these fees. View information about available payment options.
For students enrolled in long-term CBA/DBA programs who are required to select courses, we advise you to register as early as possible to secure a space in your preferred subjects.
Course tuition and required student fees are due at time of registration. The remaining balance of tuition and student services fees owing is due one month before the program start date. A $100 late payment fee may be charged if tuition fees are not paid by this deadline.
Please note: Students who have not paid their tuition fees by the program start date are not able to attend classes until their fees have been paid in full.
Students in the long-term UVic CBA or DBA program who wish to study full-time can take a minimum of 3 courses and a maximum of 5 in our regular offerings each term. This is to ensure they have a manageable course load, are able to be successful and fully engage with each course. The vast majority of our students complete 3 or 4 courses a term.
Please note that this is a different number of courses than those included in some of our other programs that have a set schedule, such as the CBA – Fast Track program or the DBA – Accelerated program.
Business and Management Programs reserve the right to make changes in fees, schedules, and programs without notice. Programs may be cancelled due to low enrolment.
If a program is cancelled or rescheduled, Business and Management Programs will refund the program fee or transfer the fees to another program.
Business and Management Programs reserves the right to establish special regulations for admission to Certificate and Diploma programs.
For students finding themselves unable to start the program on their accepted program start date, students can make a one-time request to defer to a later program offering. Please note, that to defer a course, you will need to:
- give Business and Management Programs written notification of your cancellation before the program start date.
- specify the future program start date that you are requesting to defer to (program start date must be within one year of cancellation).
Please note: Students are only permitted to defer to future programs once, and a non-refundable $100 deferral fee will apply.
This request must be submitted in writing (email) to the Business and Management Programs office at email@example.com.
If you are an international student and your visa is denied, the above mentioned deferral policy would apply to you. If your visa is denied a second time, you will need to submit a new application with another deposit and application fee.
International students already in Canada cannot transfer fees between programs unless an emergency situation requires them to return home. In these cases, students must provide the Business and Management Programs with a doctor’s note and proof of a return air ticket to their home country. This process is subject to an additional $100 transfer fee, and must be approved by the Program Director.
International agents provide valuable student recruitment and support services for UVic Business and Management Programs. We carefully screen and train these representatives, however students should be aware of the following:
- An agent's services are not required in order to apply to Business and Management programs. Students are welcome to send inquiries and applications directly to Business and Management Programs.
- Business and Management Program agents are only authorized to recruit for Business and Management Programs and some other select UVic Continuing Studies programs.
- UVic Business and Management Programs cannot take responsibility for any errors, omissions or other failures of any agent.
- Students may discontinue their agent relationship at their own discretion, by written request to the Business and Management programs staff.
- Students are not permitted to 'change' agents under any circumstance once their application has been processed, though they may discontinue their agent relationship.
A comprehensive medical insurance plan is one of the benefits provided to international students enrolled in full-time Business and Management programs, upon payment of their program's student services fee. This mandatory fee includes:
- Medical insurance provided by guard.me@UVCS
- Access to CARSA, UVic’s world-class athletic facility.
- A bus pass valid while you are studying
- Expanded access to UVic student clubs, organizations and events
The cost of health care in Canada is very high for those who do not have health insurance. Without coverage, you could be denied treatment or pay thousands of dollars each day for medical services. As a result, in order to ensure medical issues do not cause you financial difficulty, all Business and Management Program students are required to have comprehensive coverage for the duration of their studies. Family members who are with you in Canada should also have comprehensive coverage. You can purchase coverage for them at an additional cost.
British Columbia has a mandatory medical services plan (BC MSP) that provides health care coverage for people residing in the province. BC MSP applies to international students with a valid study permit who are residing in BC and studying for 6 months or longer.
The $300 program application fee is non-refundable. No refund of tuition is possible after the program start date.
During your studies, in the case of extreme illness, students may receive a partial refund if they produce a doctor’s note stating they are too ill to continue in the program.
If you are an international student and your visa application is denied by the Canadian Embassy prior to starting your program, we can refund tuition paid in advance. To receive a refund of tuition, international students must inform the Business and Management Program office before the program starts and provide Canadian Embassy documentation by email to the Business and Management Programs office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note tuition refunds may be less any applicable currency exchange or banking fees.