Health, Safety and Public Relations Programs
Laura has overall responsibility for development and management of diverse diploma, certificate, and continuing professional education programs focused on the fields of education, health, safety and public relations. Implementing a coaching approach, Laura works collaboratively with advisory groups, academic departments, external organizations, instructors, students and staff to ensure effective assessment, planning, promotion, and delivery of programs within her unit in the Division of Continuing Studies.
Current programs in the portfolio include:
- Diploma Program in Public Relations
- Certificate in Environmental and Occupational Health
- Certificate in Adult and Continuing Education
- Canadian Fall Prevention Curriculum
- Current Concepts in Dentistry
- Emergency Management for Organizational Continuity
- Wound Management for Health Professionals
- Health Education for the General Public
- Health Education for Health and Helping Professionals
With over 20 years of university administration experience in teaching and learning, Laura is an adult educator rooted in program development, administration and online learning. Laura holds a B.Sc., in Nutritional Sciences from the University of British Columbia, and M.Ed in Adult, Community and Higher Education from the University of Calgary and is a Certified Executive Coach with a Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching from Royal Roads University.